Earlier this month I was nominated for two blog awards. These are my first ones so I was very happy and grateful for the recognition from my fellow blog peers. The first is called the Cramm Blog Award and it was created by Liv from theCramm, checkout her blog here !! The second one is a Blogger Recognition Award.
Th Cramm Blog Award nomination came from a beautiful Queen whose blog I recently discovered. Thank you Ashley for the love and support. I remember the first time I saw her blog I was nodding my head at everything I read. Check her out here and tell her I sent you.
The Blogger Recognition Award came from another beautiful Queen who I’ve known since my udergrad. She is a dope writer, super woke, and I’ve always found her blog to be very empowering. Des, thank you for the nomination! Check her out here and tell her I sent you.
As part of the rules, of the Cramm Award, I will first share 3 things that motivate me to blog.
- My desire to have a voice and to be involved with the content that is available in cyber land. My words will resonate with those it’s meant to and that is why I write.
- My desire to push myself outside of my comfort zone to live life publicly.
- My family and friends.
3 people who motivate me to blog.
- My first inspiration to blog was Carmen Alexandra from Caxshe . My sister is introduced me to her blog back when I was still apprehensive about starting my own blog. I still remember her message to me it was simply, check her out! So I did, and I was immediately captivated by Carmen’s wicked style and sick pics. She seems very approachable and down to earth. Check her out and you’ll see what I mean.
- My friends and family motivate me to blog. Sometimes when I haven’t blogged or taken pics in a while they will actually reach out and say, “Hey, noticed you haven’t blogged in a while. You should write!” This is always a nice reminder for me that there are people who care to read what I have to say. I’m grateful.
- Myself, I am my greatest internal motivator and it’s always been this way.
One thing I hope to do that will improve the world.
I hope to eventually use my blog as a platform to help heal the African diaspora through nutrition and wellness. I am aware of the levels to mental enslavement, that has taken place, and one large component contributing to keeping us unaware is what we are feeding our physical bodies which is making and keeping us sick.
Challenge Question: What is your favorite book or piece to read and why?
I have several favorite books so I’ll only name two of my favourites, the first one is Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe. Although it’s a fiction, I found this book to be so powerful because it painted a very accurate image of how African communities functioned very well before the infiltration of the Europeans. Then you see the demise as the Europeans set up shop and began to impose their views.
My second favourite book is, The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. This book was the first one, of it’s kind, that I’d ever read and at such a fitting time– right after I graduated from university and moved back home. It has really influenced the way I view everything. I’ve reread it several times.
So now I nominate the following bloggers and they may also follow the rules as stated below.
- Include a little bit about who created this award (with a link) and mention the person who nominated you.
- Share 3 things that motivate you to blog and share 3 people that motivate you to blog as well.
- Share one thing you hope to do that will improve the world.
- Answer your challenge question. My challenge question to you all is, if you could go back to any period in history when would it be, and why?
- Nominate your choice of bloggers and give them a challenge question.
All your blogs have impacted me in some way. Thank you for being YOU and sharing it with us. I nominate:
Dela from – http://blackdollars.ca/
Christopher Bland from – https://thedefinitionsite.wordpress.com/
Filipe Moleiro from – https://filipemoleiro.com/